Thursday, September 10, 2009

First leg of our Adventure

Wed. 09-09-09


Check in went great. Very smooth and fast. Had a great breakfast and ready to board from SeaTac to SF. As I’m sitting on the plane and looking out the window I see a rainbow, how fitting. The first thing I thought of was my Dad. Was that a sign from him? I think it was. As soon as the plane took off my eyes started getting watery. How proud he would have been to show his birth place to me. Eyes keep watering and watering. It’s a good thing I don’ wear makeup and if I don’t stop this soon I’ll look like a wreck by the time I get to Rome. Oh good, Susie is up from her little nap. Maybe if I stop drinking water my eyes will stop the water works. Time for Susie and I to go over our plans.

We’re on our way to Paris. Of course I can’t sleep. Thought I would be able to but I just can’t. Susie stayed up the night before we left so she’s doing better then me. Air France is a nice airline. They served complimentary champagne, wine or beer after take off and Susie and I toasted to a great trip. The meal was great and they passed a basket of little loves of French bread for everyone and more wine, beer and wine and beer. OK let the eating begin. They say to keep hydrated and fed, so we are obeying.

Thoughts of my dad keep popping into my head. I keep thinking of Alfredo and Maura picking us up in Rome. Might he look like my dad or one of my kids? Maybe he’ll look like one of my cousins that I grew up with. I know my family is thinking the same thing. Maybe he’ll look like one of my dads brothers, Ozzie or Pety. I know he has to be a very gracious man to have offered to pick Susie and I up at the airport. His generous offer reminds me so much of my dad. He was a very proud, but also a very gracious man.

I am a little, no a lot nervous to meet them both. But something I always remember that my father taught my sister and I; was to be yourself at all times, to be proud of yourself and to like yourself. He did live long enough to teach this to TJ, Nick and Lial. I am sure they remember Grandpa Tom’s words and his little book about being yourself.

Ok I. am going to try this again… Sleep, Sleep, Sleep. My husband probably can‘t believe that I can‘t sleep, because I usually can sleep anywhere.

Stay tune for our welcome to Rome. Ciao from Paris…

1 comment:

  1. Grandpa would be so excited Mom. I can see that huge grin from ear to ear. Sounds like you're having a blast can't wait for the first set of pictures, hope you are taking a ton!

    ReplyDelete