Monday, September 7, 2009

Ricciotti family emails

August 28, 2009
Dear Jean,


My name is Maria Carolina Serra and I am the 24 years old granddaughter of Carolina Ricciotti, who received your letter some days ago.

She remembers your father, her cousin, and would be glad to meet you.

She resides in Rome at the moment but will be in Nerito, on vacation, until the 10th of September. She hopes you will be able to visit Nerito before that day. Then she will be in Rome, so, if you happen to visit Rome during your trip, you could meet there.

In any case she hopes you will be able to meet the other relatives of you that still reside in Nerito.

Because my grandmother does not speak English, if you would like to meet her or if you need anything you can contact me.

My grandmother and all my family are looking forward to see you,



Maria Carolina
 
August 28, 2009
Dear Maria,


Thank you so much for responding to my letter. I was so excited to hear from you and I am looking forward to meeting you & your Grandmother.

I am traveling to Italy with my friend Susie. We will be arriving in Rome the evening of 10 September and staying 3 nights at the Hotel Marghera, via Marghera, 29. How far does your Grandmother live from this location? Please let us know what location and time will be convenient for Carolina and her family. We will be traveling to Tuscany from Rome, then on to Nerito by rail via Bologna on 18 September. While in Nerito we will be staying at Villa Susanna Degli Ulivi. I am looking forward to meeting my father's family in Nerito. My father passed away a few years ago and it was always his dream to take me to his birthplace. Since your grandmother remembers my father were they first cousins? If yur grandmother has any information about that please let me know. I can't wait to meet everyone.

Warm regards,

Jean Mazzetta Fantini
 
 
August 30, 2009
Dear Jean,


Grandma Carolina and her younger sisters, Gemma and Adele, were first cousins of your father: their father Antonio Ricciotti was the brother of your grandmother, Marsilia.

Unfortunately Marsilia left Nerito before my grandmother was born, so she didn't have the chance to meet your father in person. She came to visit Italy with her son Peter in 1978 and they spent some time with my grandmother and her family.

Granma Carolina only knows about your father through her parents' stories. She will be glad to meet you and tell you what she remembers. Actually we are all waiting for you and your friend to come to Rome.

When you arrive in Rome, as soon as you are settled down, we could schedule the optimal time to meet. Grandma Carolina lives with Aunt Adele not much far from your hotel and they would like to invite you and Susie for lunch (or dinner) at their place. Because the two places are not really well connected by public transportation, you can count on Adele or me to pick you up by car. I will be happy to be there (and to help you with the translation) and, if they can manage to take a day off from their workplaces, you will probably meet my family and/or other relatives.
Let me know if you have any question, concern or if you need any further information.

Everybody can’t wait to meet you!

Maria Carolina (you can call me Carolina if you like)



August 30, 2009
Dear Carolina,


We were so excited to hear from you again. When we are settled in our hotel we will call you so we could set up a good time to meet all of the family.

We also can't wait to meet you!

Warm regards,
Jean
 
September 5, 2009
Dear Carolinia,


Looking at our schedule it looks like Friday would more convenient to get together with your family. Will that work for your Grandmothers and Aunts schedule? We could do lunch or dinner which ever is more convenient. Please let us know. I am so looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the family.

Warm regards,
Jean


Jean and Susie packed and ready to go off to Italy


Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment